This new SIA Physical Intervention Level 2 course is broken down into three main areas inclusive of guidance on legal compliance relating to the use of force and the law today.
What does the Physical Intervention Course cover?
The course covers all aspects relating to workplace violence leading to use of force and Physical Intervention skills are broken down in main areas inclusive of guidance on legal compliance relating to the use of force.
This training is consists of the following:
- The requirement to use non-physical skills as far as possible
- The law in relation to “reasonable force” and “self-defence”
- The value of assessing a situation before intervening
- Using Physical Intervention as a last resort
- Possible medical implications
- The possible legal implications of the techniques
- Problem Solving
- Disengagement techniques
- Escorting and guiding skills
- Holding skills
How is the Physical Intervention course Assessed?
The assessment is through basic assessment and practical techniques.
How long does the Physical Intervention course last?
The New Physical Intervention course lasts for minimum of 10 hours.
How much does the course costs?
This New Physical Intervention course with level 2 certificate will cost £95 inclusive of VAT if undertaken on its own. However, if undertaken as a complete course; that is with Conflict Management, Roles and Responsibilities of a Door Supervisor, then the total fee is £180.00 inclusive of all training materials.