Do you want to work for one of the most prestigious companies in United Kingdom carrying money and valuables? For example how about working for one of these companies: G4S, Loomis, Post Office, Brinks, Contract Security, Jade Security, CoinCo? If such dream is exciting, then this training is for you. For your information, London Training Academy (UK) Ltd is the only private registered and approved CVIT training centre in London.
CASH AND VALUABLES IN TRANSIT (CVIT)
With pleasure, London Training Academy (UK) Ltd offer the NOCN Level 2 Cash and Valuables In Transit (CVIT) course. This course is suitable for individuals and companies looking to achieve the relevant qualifications and be able to apply for the Security Industry Authority (SIA) Licence under the Private Security Industry Act 2001 Licensing in the CVIT sector. The course is in two units and is delivered over a period of 26 hours. CVIT is primarily knowledge based and it covers a wide range of legislative framework and practical requirements. The training therefore, requires tutorial, demonstration and coaching.
Please note that this course is the NEW qualification which has been updated as follows:
Unit 1 – Working in the Private Security Industry
- Know the purpose and main features of the private security industry
- Understand the legislation that is relevant to people working in the private security industry
- Understand relevant aspects of health and safety in the work place
- Know and apply the principles of fire safety
- Know how to deal with non-fire related emergencies
- Understand the principles of effective communication and customer care in the private security industry.
Unit 2 – Working as a CVIT Operative
- Understand the organisational structure of Cash and Valuables in Transit companies, and the range of services offered
- Understand Cash and Valuables in Transit work-related security procedures
- Understand the relevance of the Data Protection Act as applied to the role of the CVIT operative
- Understand environmental issues as they affect the Cash in Transit industry
- Understand UK and EU transport legislation that effects Cash and Valuables in Transit operations
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Cash in Transit security procedures
- Understand appropriate emergency procedures
With high level of qualifications and many years of practical experience, our trainers are qualified and are approved to deliver CVIT training. Persons aiming to become a CVIT operative are advised to be competent by always ensuring that your training provider can prove they have the appropriate authority from the Awarding Body for Compliance organisation (NOCN). Hence your qualification is valueless and you are not properly trained without approved and authorised trainers.
CVIT TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
A Cash and Valuables in Transit license is required when guarding property against destruction or damage, against being stolen or against being otherwise dishonestly taken or obtained, involving the secure transportation of property in vehicles specially manufactured or adapted so as to have secure transportation as their primary function. This applies if your services are supplied for the purposes of or in connection with any contract to a consumer. Before you can apply for that license you will need to undertake cash and valuables in transit training course which is approved by the SIA. This training course has the necessary parts which is specific to the CVIT operator’s role. The modules within the course include.
Unit 1: Working in the private security industry (common module)
Unit 2: Cash and Valuables in Transit Specialist Module (16 hours)
Once both these modules are completed, a nationally recognized qualification is obtained by the operative and they can apply for their CVIT license.